InvestorsIraq
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Someone has to give................

+3
True_Blue
blackcats
Adster
7 posters

Go down

Someone has to give................ Empty Someone has to give................

Post by Adster Wed Jul 09, 2008 5:20 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/07/08/AR2008070801311.html?hpid=topnews
Adster
Adster
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Someone has to give................ Empty Re: Someone has to give................

Post by blackcats Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:12 am

I've read this on another site; basically they both won't sign the agreement because of a withdrawal time table; the Americans are saying we want to leave when security allows us to leave and the Iraqis agree on what the Americans think; however the Iraqis still want a timetable to appease their supporters but the Americans say how can we have a timetable when we don't know exactly because security doesn't/won't allow this factor.

I know - I'm going around in circles which is what the Iraqis are doing.

If this is a sticking point for the SOFA then forget the Sovereignty Law because just like the RV it will take forever.

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!!!!! Mad affraid

Thanks for the post Adster

A frustrated blackcats

blackcats

Back to top Go down

Someone has to give................ Empty Re: Someone has to give................

Post by Adster Wed Jul 09, 2008 7:16 am

Funny thing is it wasn't that long ago Bush stated IF the Iraqi's wanted the US to withdraw he would make it happen, hhhmmmmmm. Something will give on this, but it may take more time.
Adster
Adster
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by True_Blue Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:00 pm

Adster wrote:Funny thing is it wasn't that long ago Bush stated IF the Iraqi's wanted the US to withdraw he would make it happen, hhhmmmmmm. Something will give on this, but it may take more time.

Yes but Bush has said if this happened or that happened he would do this or do that. There's always a reason to NOT do what he said he was going to do. He ducks the question until the new cycle changes the delerious American public's intrest to the next story of dirty laundry. What about the Plame deal? He was going to clean house but ducked. How about Gonzolez?? Or Harriet Miers?? I mean,,, come on,,, . I'm serious. Let's prepare for the worst and hope for the best. It's in Malaki's hands now. IMHO
True_Blue
True_Blue

Back to top Go down

Post by IMMensaMind Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:36 pm

I would suggest that the US agrees to terms of a US pullout Insha'allah. Laughing

IMMensaMind
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by TerryTate Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:19 am

Yes. Lets agree to soon. We will pullout "soon".

Well that should give us another 40 or 50 years.
TerryTate
TerryTate
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by DCMA Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:54 am

I think the U.S. should use the words " In the Near Future" and "Soon" in the SOFA agreement. They should be able to understand that.
DCMA
DCMA

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinar Cha Ching Thu Jul 10, 2008 5:33 am

TerryTate wrote:Yes. Lets agree to soon. We will pullout "soon".

Well that should give us another 40 or 50 years.

Exactly, turn the tables on them. They know "soon" means never, it would be hilarious to see them get upset at hearing that word. Laughing
Dinar Cha Ching
Dinar Cha Ching

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down