InvestorsIraq
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CBI site down for maintenance.

+21
ranshan96
alex_pr25
WittyUsername
Dinario
OBED
JOJAS DINARS
HisMoney
lightrays-dinars
heres-hoping
Jetsa
Odin
PennStateMtnMan
PeggySue
jihadjoe
Sponson
8ball
jj
Dinar_OS
debrobb
RoyalBeluga
Adster
25 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

CBI site down for maintenance. - Page 2 Empty Re: CBI site down for maintenance.

Post by Adster Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:04 am

CENTRAL BANK OF
IRAQ

CBI site down for maintenance. - Page 2 Symbol

Web Site Under
Maintenance
Adster
Adster
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

CBI site down for maintenance. - Page 2 Empty Re: CBI site down for maintenance.

Post by PeggySue Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 am

Adster, when I hit on the link you have, it shows the maintenance page. I have cbi book marked but is has www.cbiraq.org/cb1.htm
which does not show the maintenance page.

(never mind..If you hit home on that link it shows the maintenace page..)

Last edited by PeggySue on Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:10 am; edited 1 time in total
PeggySue
PeggySue

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponson Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:07 am

Just went there again and I got it this time. Maybe on and off. Who knows.

Perhaps VoI will clue us in later in the day.
Sponson
Sponson
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Adster Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:14 am

What is interesting is tomorrow is a public holiday. Republic Day.................. Laughing
Adster
Adster
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Adster Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:21 am

CBI site down for maintenance. - Page 2 PinRepublic Day, July 14. Anniversary of the coup d'etat in 1958 in which the army killed King Feisal II and
Crown Prince Abdul Illah, seized Baghdad, and declared a republic.
Adster
Adster
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Adster Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:07 am

Something is which is interesting is this month is the 60th anniversary of the Marshall Plan and Bush was in Slovenia last month to celebrate it.
Adster
Adster
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by PennStateMtnMan Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:08 am

Even with this link http://www.cbiraq.org/cb1.htm, it is still not updated with today's results.

PennStateMtnMan

Back to top Go down

CBI site down for maintenance. - Page 2 Empty Not even a pip move. Ranger's deciples will have to come up with some new fortune cookies to keep interest

Post by jihadjoe Sun Jul 13, 2008 10:19 am

Laughing Laughing

jihadjoe

Back to top Go down

Post by Odin Tue Jul 15, 2008 12:04 am

RoyalBeluga wrote:Never seen it under maintenance though, have you? Seen it down but never this ...

One can not help wonder whether the site being down has anything to do with an upcoming RV. I don't like it either, but it does not make sense that the site would have to be upgraded or prepared for an RV. The auction results posted by the CBI is set out on a simple column grid and any numbers could be inserted, and I am sure the new denominations likely to be announced can be posted in short order after the RV. But then again, this investment has a way of keeping you wondering, or is it hoping? LOL Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Odin

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetsa Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:13 am

There wont be any more auctions IF they were to reval, or change thevalue of the currency IF it were to change anywhere close to the value of the dollar. No one would want to bid for dollars if their currency was worth close to the same or better. Therefore, at least the exchange rate portion of the CBI site would have to undergo a significant makeover. Plus, once again IF that were to happen, most likely new lower denominationed bills would have to be introduced and posted in that section of the CBI site, so that might be a considerable makeover also. One more....IF these things were to be changed, then its highly possible that all that equipment to link the state banks together with the CBI that we saw bought a week ago or so could be being implemented and would need testing for the undoubtable flurry of confusion that would accompany a sudden change in the currency and change in the life of the Iraqi's. The news article about the equipment did say that this system would be implemented in the very near short term. Good timing on their part if all this is so, I mean with a holiday in there making it a long weekend so to speak.

Jetsa

Back to top Go down

Post by Adster Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:32 am

Nice post Jetsa/Odin. In theory with a long weekend/public holiday it would be the perfect time. And what better day than over Republic Day.
Adster
Adster
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetsa Tue Jul 15, 2008 6:22 pm

How about an even longer holiday weekend? Now I understand that tomorrow is the actual holiday over there, thus working on the 4th day of "site maintenance"...../cough

Jetsa

Back to top Go down

Post by heres-hoping Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:00 pm

With most of Iraq going electronic along with the rest of the world, maybe the CBI website is getting a new makeover - the previous one was more functional than professional. One wouldn't have thought it would take this long though to make the transition to a new site if it were the case. Who knows? One thing is for sure, the longer they stay down the more hopeful I am its for what we all await.

Last edited by heres-hoping on Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
heres-hoping
heres-hoping

Back to top Go down

Post by heres-hoping Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:07 pm

Strange things are happening - the Ozforex site stating 1 USD = 1111.1111 IQD.

http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/Convert.asp
heres-hoping
heres-hoping

Back to top Go down

Post by Jetsa Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:17 pm

Gonna go out on a limb here and suggest that we dont see the CBI site up until Sunday at the earliest.

Jetsa

Back to top Go down

Post by lightrays-dinars Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:55 am

heres-hoping wrote:Strange things are happening - the Ozforex site stating 1 USD = 1111.1111 IQD.

[url=http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/Convert.asp
http://www.ozforex.com.au/cgi-bin/Convert.asp[/quote[/url]]

Wow! You are right! It's showing as 1USD = 1111.1111 IQD. - Hopeful unless it is a typo!

lightrays-dinars

Back to top Go down

Post by HisMoney Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:05 am

Just checked the ozforex and it states 1164.35 xe.com also states the same 1164.35. Both of these are higher than earlier today.....hmmmmmm

HisMoney

Back to top Go down

Post by JOJAS DINARS Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:35 am

I wonder if it is possible to call the Central Bank of Iraq and get numbers over the phone. If I had the number I'd call

JOJAS DINARS

Back to top Go down

Post by OBED Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:50 am

JOJAS DINARS wrote:I wonder if it is possible to call the Central Bank of Iraq and get numbers over the phone. If I had the number I'd call

Central Bank Of Iraq

Baghdad - Al-Rasheed Street

Telephone :- Country Code : +964-1

Fax:8166802

E-Mail:-

Central Bank of Iraq :- cbi@cbiraq.org
OBED
OBED

Back to top Go down

Post by Dinario Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:28 pm

CENTRAL BANK OF IRAQ. NEW SITE! COMMING SOON!

WWW.CBI.IQ

Dinario

Back to top Go down

Post by WittyUsername Sat Jul 19, 2008 7:02 pm

If they were doing an extreme site makeover, don't you think they would have redone the files while the old site was still online and then in the middle of the night just upload the new site? I'm not an IT guy, but I know enough that you don't take a site down, then work on it, and then relaunch it. I do have a website for my business that I maintain and I never have it offline. When I rework it I just update it, not take it down.

WittyUsername

Back to top Go down

Post by alex_pr25 Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:04 pm

I am with you. I am programer and I do the work for few websites with live software inside and I also don't put the site down I just work with whatever I have to work and then upload everything. If there a problem with the information that is in the website them we have to put the site down to avoid to show the wrong information but in the case of the CBI there no wrong information maybe there something that they don't want to show. Is my opinion I hope to be right.

alex_pr25

Back to top Go down

Post by ranshan96 Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:44 pm

Alex
Sure would be nice if you are right, wondering what we are going to wake up to tomorrow. We can only hope!!!

ranshan96

Back to top Go down

Post by slxvester Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:53 pm

ranshan96 wrote:Alex
Sure would be nice if you are right, wondering what we are going to wake up to tomorrow. We can only hope!!!
Check out this http://cbi.iq/ could this be the new CBI site? If not what is it? Shocked Soon....
slxvester
slxvester

Back to top Go down

Post by ranshan96 Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 pm

could it be they are about to launch new site with updated info we have all been waiting for? or is it wishful thinking? Only time will tell. Smile

ranshan96

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next