InvestorsIraq
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ONE OF THE LARGEST BANKS IN CA FAILS

+7
IMMensaMind
RoyalBeluga
Baz
CROW
KrazyBoutDinar
geowhiz
BABYBULL24
11 posters

Go down

ONE OF THE LARGEST BANKS IN CA FAILS Empty ONE OF THE LARGEST BANKS IN CA FAILS

Post by BABYBULL24 Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:16 pm

Dont think this has hit the internet yet but Indymacbank, I think the largest bank in CA has been taken over by Federal Regulators about a 1/2 hour ago. Rumors has it Fanny Mae & Freddy Mac are soon to follow. Will post link when it comes up.

The domino's be fallin.

Peace
BABYBULL24
BABYBULL24

Back to top Go down

ONE OF THE LARGEST BANKS IN CA FAILS Empty Re: ONE OF THE LARGEST BANKS IN CA FAILS

Post by geowhiz Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:55 pm

BABYBULL24 wrote:Dont think this has hit the internet yet but Indymacbank, I think the largest bank in CA has been taken over by Federal Regulators about a 1/2 hour ago. Rumors has it Fanny Mae & Freddy Mac are soon to follow. Will post link when it comes up.

The domino's be fallin.

Peace

Sounds good to me. Been keeping my stance in the Mexican Bolsa.

geowhiz

Back to top Go down

ONE OF THE LARGEST BANKS IN CA FAILS Empty Re: ONE OF THE LARGEST BANKS IN CA FAILS

Post by BABYBULL24 Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:57 pm

FDIC quick on the draw.

http://www.fdic.gov/bank/individual/failed/IndyMac.html
BABYBULL24
BABYBULL24

Back to top Go down

Post by BABYBULL24 Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:13 pm

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/ap_on_bi_ge/indymac
BABYBULL24
BABYBULL24

Back to top Go down

Post by BABYBULL24 Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:18 pm

& send in the clowns.... Dont worry there here..........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080711/ap_on_go_co/congress_housing
BABYBULL24
BABYBULL24

Back to top Go down

ONE OF THE LARGEST BANKS IN CA FAILS Empty Who Is Indymacbank??

Post by KrazyBoutDinar Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:22 pm

BABYBULL24 wrote:Dont think this has hit the internet yet but Indymacbank, I think the largest bank in CA has been taken over by Federal Regulators about a 1/2 hour ago. Rumors has it Fanny Mae & Freddy Mac are soon to follow. Will post link when it comes up.

The domino's be fallin.

Peace

I'm sorry, but when I think of Chase, Capital One, Hibernia, etc...Who is Indymacbank??

Biggest Bank in California? I Think NOT!

By the way, Joe's Crab Shack just quit accepting checks for their meals...

Maybe they'll accept dinars!

cheers cheers cheers

KrazyBoutDinar
KrazyBoutDinar

Back to top Go down

Post by BABYBULL24 Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:04 pm

KrazyBoutDinar wrote:

The domino's be fallin.

Peace

I'm sorry, but when I think of Chase, Capital One, Hibernia, etc...Who is Indymacbank??

cheers cheers cheers

Just read the article jackass- 2nd largest financial institution ever bailed out in the history of the US - do you know who the 1st one was?

"The bank is the largest regulated thrift to fail and the second largest financial institution to close in U.S. history, regulators said."

This little bank is worth is 4 to 8 billion dollars....Do you know how much FDIC insurance the US government holds?

About 100 billion - so to that means 10 to 12 banks of this size could fold & the investors would be covered.

Anything over that and your out of luck - tough guy. Go to your bank after the 100 billion FDIC is gone & see how much you get out of the ATM.

But you got it all figured out Puppy Boy - Jackass.
BABYBULL24
BABYBULL24

Back to top Go down

Post by CROW Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:32 pm

BABYBULL24 wrote:
KrazyBoutDinar wrote:

The domino's be fallin.

Peace

cheers cheers cheers

Just read the article jackass- 2nd largest financial institution ever bailed out in the history of the US - do you know who the 1st one was?

"The bank is the largest regulated thrift to fail and the second largest financial institution to close in U.S. history, regulators said."

This little bank is worth is 4 to 8 billion dollars....Do you know how much FDIC insurance the US government holds?

About 100 billion - so to that means 10 to 12 banks of this size could fold & the investors would be covered.

Anything over that and your out of luck - tough guy. Go to your bank after the 100 billion FDIC is gone & see how much you get out of the ATM.

But you got it all figured out Puppy Boy - Jackass.
Calm down BabyBull24! I have been following this, very serious, worst times I have ever seen, full effects haven't been felt yet, people have no concept.CROW

CROW

Back to top Go down

Post by BABYBULL24 Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:08 pm

Crow,

I like you & the only reason I am responding but really you have a following but you have no clue - admit it. Ive been around a lot longer then you but you still preach that IIF bank account-ISX crap. What is that speculator/investor stuff - whatever.

I have no doubt that your a good dude & believe everything you say but dont lead other people down that path you have chosen.

lol -

Peace - bro

See you at the hard currency reval party
BABYBULL24
BABYBULL24

Back to top Go down

Post by CROW Fri Jul 11, 2008 10:14 pm

BABYBULL24 wrote:Crow,

I like you & the only reason I am responding but really you have a following but you have no clue - admit it. Ive been around a lot longer then you but you still preach that IIF bank account-ISX crap. What is that speculator/investor stuff - whatever.

I have no doubt that your a good dude & believe everything you say but dont lead other people down that path you have chosen.

lol -

Peace - bro

When this hits I will fly you out to the ISX party! Myself and RoyalBeluga ( I hope he doesn't whine!) will take you on a tour of Baghdad! cheers Speaking of RoyalBeluga where is he? Shocked Take care. BabyBull24!

CROW

Back to top Go down

Post by Baz Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:50 am

The domino's be fallin.

Peace

Fanny and Mac were spoken about on our news last night, in fact by President Bush as well, we here have had one bank go pop, another is on the edge 50/50 should it topple.

Funny things these banks.

Only a couple of months back when they were gladley ripping us all to death with over the top HIGH CHARGES and jamming it down our throats about the UMPTEEN BILLION PROFITS they made in the first 6 MONTHS of any year, everything looked rosey...for them that is....

Now they are kindly letting us buy their shares cheap... not to help them out you understand.... and all of a sudden they aint got a pot to pee in.

Baz

Back to top Go down

Post by RoyalBeluga Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:26 am

CROW wrote:
BABYBULL24 wrote:Crow,

lol -

Peace - bro

When this hits I will fly you out to the ISX party! Myself and RoyalBeluga ( I hope he doesn't whine!) will take you on a tour of Baghdad! cheers Speaking of RoyalBeluga where is he? Shocked Take care. BabyBull24!

I'm here, I don't whine (wine maybe Very Happy ) and who said you're invited? No riddlers allowed! Cool

RoyalBeluga

Back to top Go down

Post by IMMensaMind Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:11 am

IndyMac wasn't worth anything near what posters were claiming. At its peak, it was worth ~ 3.5billion, but:

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laland/2008/07/indymacs-new-va.html

IMMensaMind
Forum Leader

Back to top Go down

Post by wherbie Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:04 pm

well....indymac has 300 B in mortgages, and fanny may and freddy may arent far behind.....

according to CNN today 300 major banks face real serious problems... and could go broke....

oh...indymac was giving to its customers.....50 percent of their money on deposit...thats all...

damn scarey......

wherbie

Back to top Go down

Post by GypsyRose Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:12 pm

Be a interesting world when we all stop paying our credit cards, and mortgages, and take up hunting wabbits for dinner, growing our own vegatables and hauling water up from the creek.
GypsyRose
GypsyRose

Back to top Go down

Post by PeggySue Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:19 pm

GypsyRose wrote:Be a interesting world when we all stop paying our credit cards, and mortgages, and take up hunting wabbits for dinner, growing our own vegatables and hauling water up from the creek.
Heck, I am half way there!!!
PeggySue
PeggySue

Back to top Go down

Post by wolverine Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:29 pm

KrazyBoutDinar wrote:

cheers cheers cheers

Joe's quit accepting checks ? Do they still take plastic ? jocolor jocolor
wolverine
wolverine

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down